I Use This Super Simple Smoked Meatloaf Recipe Whenever My Superman Asks Me To Cook Something Spicy
This requires a bbq grill, smoker tube, dual temp probe, and your oven (to finish)
Read the entire instructions and make a list of needed equipment ahead of time.
- 4 lbs — 80/20 beef
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce (I used sweet baby rays)
- 1/2 cup grated parm cheese
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- DRY RUB DUST OF YOUR CHOICE
5 Best Wood Pellet Storage Containers for 2021
As the wood pellets are used for smoking, they should be stored in a dry and safe place that will save them from…
- 1/2 cup sweet baby rays
- 1/4 cup medium heat taco sauce (hotter if you like)
I did this on a grill and a smoker tube with pellets. You can use whatever equipment you have.
DO AHEAD (2–3 hours before putting meatloaf together)
- Sauté the red pepper and onions for 3–4 minutes, a pinch of salt and pepper, until sweated and almost cooked through.
- Add garlic for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Take off heat, line a bowl with paper towels, put peppers/onions in the bowl.
- Put the bowl in the fridge and get cold
2 hours later
DO AHEAD — PART 2 The Meatloaf
- In a large bowl, crumble the ground beef into a small piece as you can.
- Mix in all ingredients, EXCEPT RUB DUST, including the pepper/onion/garlic.
- Using a disposable aluminum extra-large bread pan, line the pan with saran wrap, so it hangs over the sides all the way around.
- Put the meatloaf mixture in, and press it down so it is packed tight, and it’s even across the top.
- Put in the fridge for at least 1 hour to completely firm up
The COOK (this is for a grill and smoker tube; you can use your smoker if you like)
- Prep smoker tube and get it smoking.
- Using at least a 4-burner grill, start two burners, leave two off.
- Place smoker tune in between the direct/indirect zone
- Please the meatloaf over the indirect side. FLIP the pan over and it will pop right out! remove the saran wrap.
- Place a dual temp probe, one at the grate, one into the center of the meatloaf.
- Lightly dust the entire top and side of the meatloaf, to your liking. (I go light on this, you aren’t getting a “bark”)
- Close grill.
- Maintain grill gate temp to 240–275 (the higher, the faster it will cook)
- DO NOT OPEN THE GRILL, UNTIL READY TO REMOVE.
- At an internal temp of 125 (meat), bring your oven to 375.
- Mix your glaze mix together, microwave in 10-second increments until warmed and ready to glaze.
- Bring internal temp to 135 (meat), and immediately take off the grill, put on a roasting pan.
- Glaze the meatloaf.
- Put in oven and bring meatloaf temp to 145
- Take out, and rest on the counter, uncovered, and temp will carry over to about 155 (about 10–15 minutes)
- Serve it and enjoy it!
NOTE: Whatever final internal temp you want on your meatloaf, you need to pull it out of the oven 10 degrees lower. Adjust the directions above accordingly.